- New York Times Editor’s Choice/Staff Pick
- Kirkus Best Books of 2020
- Amazon Best Romances of 2020
- Oprah Magazine Best Romances of 2020
- Buzzfeed Best Romances of 2020
- Bustle Best Romances of 2020
- Kobo Best Romances of 2020
- Fated Mates Best of 2020
- Goodreads Choice Awards Finalist 2020
- Good Sex Award for Best Sexy Talk
- Ripped Bodice Award Winner for Excellence in Romantic Fiction 2020
- Target Diverse Book Club Pick for August 2020
- Amazon Best Books of the Month for August 2020
- Indie Next Great Reads List for August 2020
- Library Reads Top Pick for August 2020
- Audible Editor’s Pick
your modern libray tags
your modern library rating
Haven’t really seen or read many books where both the love interests are of Latinx/e descent. I felt like the Latine cultures were accurately represented and could feel myself connecting to the culture and character development.
Jasmine loves herself and her own Latinidad even though she cannot speak Spanish as fluently as others. She nevertheless tries, and challenges herself to take an acting role in a TV show, Carmen that requires it.
Jasmine is public dumped and humiliated by her ex who is a celebrity. Yet, she grieves and decides to focus on what she wants in life, to be her own Leading Lady!
additional product information
about the author(s)
Alexis Daria is an award-winning and bestselling romance author. Her debut novel, Take the Lead, was a RITA Award winner for Best First Book, and You Had Me at Hola, the first book in her Primas of Power series, is an international bestseller. Alexis’s books have been featured on several “Best of” lists from outlets like Oprah Magazine, Entertainment Weekly, NPR, Buzzfeed, and the Washington Post, and have received starred reviews from trade publications like Publishers Weekly, Kirkus, and Library Journal. A former visual artist, Alexis is a lifelong New Yorker who loves Broadway musicals and pizza.